Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge Blog Hop

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

The Artist Team at Club Scrap was challenged this month to create projects with Batik: Real or Faux Batik Techniques.

If you came from Debbie's Blog, you're in the right place!
Your next stop is back to Club Scrap's Blog, where you can find all the participants!

I tried a few techniques and I also have a video below...

Technique #1: Using Gel Press + Pearlescent Paints + Stencils


I printed the Dahlias (Dahlia Lite Stencil) on cardstock using pearlescent blue and purple paints. After cleaning the Gel Press, I printed pearlescent yellow on.
After die cutting the panel, I stenciled the leaves using Distress Stain.

The Dragonfly (Color Me Happy Jumbo unmounted stamp) was done using Technique #2 - Heat Embossing + Distress Stains:


After coloring the embossed dragonfly, I added some Dimensional Magic on the wings and adhered it on card with foam tape.
I added a sentiment from the Color Me Happy Digital Kit.


Technique #2: Heat Embossing + Distress Stains


Since I used a printed paper (Shades of  Winter Ivory Pattern), I decided to heat emboss the image (Color Me Happy Jumbo unmounted stamp) in white, instead of clear. 
I colored the image using Distress Stains and let dry. 
I thought it was cool that you can still see the pattern from the paper...adding even more texture to the project!
I cut the image out and adhered on die cut panel with foam tapes. I used sea blue card base (from Boardwalk Collection).

Optional: You could heat emboss your image in clear ep and after coloring it, you could use an iron to remove the embossing (I place newspaper or paper towel on flat surface, embossed image face down, iron on back side until embossing powder is all melted).


Technique #3: Stencils + Distress Stains


The Dahlias (Dahlia Lite Stencil) were printed using Gel Press + Paints (Technique #1), but you could use daubers, stipple brushes or blender tools to add colors.
Then, I used Distress Stain + water + brush to watercolor the paper, leaving a "white" border around the petals.
Then, stencil the leaves with the Distress Stain dauber.

For this card, I die cut the panel and added Sunflowers Washi Tape border.
I die cut the flower (from silver glitter and gelatin printed blue paper), doodled some designs with Silver Paint Pen and added a Color Me Happy Metallic Dot Sticker in the center.


Here's my video:


This is your last stop! Thanks for hopping with us!
You can go back to - Club Scrap's Blog - and start the hop again! =)

Challenges:
Card #1


2. Word Art Wed #266-#267: AGoes

Card #2



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Lillian, these are so pretty, I enjoyed watching your video, always fun to learn and see how other people work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lillian! Each so different yet lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dragonfly in yellow...wow! I seem to get stuck in the blues each time. The yellow is extraordinarily beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft and beautiful. Love them all!! Great idea to add a video!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so soft and pretty. I love the variety of techniques you shared and great job on the video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww so soft and pretty the dragonfly one turned out!!! Also love the others!!!! Gorgeous job!!!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique! I adore the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and great technique ideas. Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely dragonfly, Lilian, love the pearly finish, and your pretty background, also! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are beautiful. Love the designs, color and feel of your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe