{Tue} Technique: Stencil Tracing - CAS Mix Up Challenge

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Hello, Kraftie Friends!!!

I saw this challenge at CAS Mix Up July Stencil Challenge...


...and thought it was interesting going back to some early techniques that we used to try on our paper crafting journey! Haven't done this in a loong time (click HERE to see my Mixed-Media Art Journal Spread)...usually I spray or blend inks, so it was fun making some cards with this technique:

Card #1

Card #2

Card #3

I made a quick video showing how I made my cards using some die-cut left over "stencils":


I pre-printed some Club Scrap Fly a Kite digital papers and my Stamprints digital stamps (available on Etsy) on cardstock and trimmed into panels to go on my card bases. Then, added more designs with the stencil tracing technique and embellished with Jane Davenport's Glitter markers.

Challenges:
Card #1
1. A Place to Start July - Flowers
2. Use Your Stuff #401: Summer Fun
3. Simon Says Mon: At The Beach
4. Sunday Stamps SSC235: Bright and Beautiful


Card #2
1. CAS Mix Up July Stencil Challenge
2. Crafting Happiness #58: AGoes

Card #3
1. Simon Says Wed: For a Child
2. WordArtWed #448-#449: AGoes



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. What a cool and soft way to play with our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Challenge blog owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple stencil tracing on the lovely backgrounds, Lilian! Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lots of fun stencil tracing on all 3 of your beautiful cards, Lillian. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Stencil Tracing. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty Cheerful card! I love that you used a resource already in your stash. Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, great outline stencilling. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card using the stenciling technique! I will have to try that out sometime! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done! I will have to try that out! Thanks for the inspiration and for accepting the challenge and submitting your awesome project at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe