{Tue} Technique: Stamping on the Edge 2...a CASE-d Card

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Hello, Kraftie Friends!!!

Last week, I showed you how I stamped the edge of a card, using the masking technique (click HERE to see the post).

Today, I have a card with the same concept (stamping on the edge) with a little bit of cheating... =)


First, I "cheated" because I CASE-d this card...so, not my idea! If you go to The Flower Challenge #8 - CASE a DT Member - you can see which one I CASE-d...Shona's Card!

Second, I "cheated" because I didn't stamp the card and trimmed the edge...I trimmed the edge straight (almost 2 inches in), stamped flowers (Club Scrap Girlfriends unmounted stamps) on cardstock, trimmed them out and adhered them on the trimmed edge.
Well, before I arranged the flowers, I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers and added Dimensional Magic on some centers.
Then, I stamped, trimmed the sentiment (Club Scrap Adirondacks Greeting unmounted stamps) and adhered it on with foam tape.
Finally, I added some sequins.

Challenges:
1. Club Scrap May Technique Challenge: Stamping on the Edge
2. The Flower Challenge #8: CASE a DT Member


3. WordArtWed #282-#283: AGoes
4. Retarte #98: AGoes
5. Simon Says Wed: A Bit of Sparkle
6. Artistic Inspirations #179: AGoes


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Such a pretty card. Sparkly flowers are gorgeous. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit of Sparkle Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lilian: This is a beautiful CASE of Shona's card, love the shine on your flower centers and your fussy cutting is fabulous.
    Your "cheating" worked perfectly but I want to add that CASEing someone's card is not cheating at all, it's perfectly Ok to do that. As a matter of fact, I've heard that "imitation is the best form of flattery", that means that you liked their work so much that you want to reproduce it.
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilian, your card is absolutely beautiful and thank you so much for choosing to CASE my card, I'm very honoured! I love the variety of flowers you used and your colouring is spectacular. I've never heard of Club Scrap stamps, will definitely need to look them up. Its an amazing card and thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
    Yaiza DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Flowers are gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us at Retarte#98
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maravillosa tarjeta! Preciosas flores...gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte de Stampartpapel... me encanta siempre ver tu fabuloso trabajo... Abrazos. Paula,DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe