Decorate to Celebrate DT Challenge #92: Love Heart Wall Decoration

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hello,

It's time for a new challenge at Decorate to Celebrate
It's Anything Goes - create decorations for anything you please (3-D projects, cards in a box, and cards with any 3-D cut out on it). 

I made this wall decoration with my Cricut:



Supplies:
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge from CTMH (heart, banners and rose)
stamps (CTMH)
patterned papers (KI Memories, The Paper Studio)
hemp string
mini clothespins
paper flowers (Recollection)
Brilliance ink pad

I cut the same heart shape (almost 11 inches) out of white cardstock and pink patterned paper. The white heart was altered in CCR. I also cut out 4 flags in black and a spiral in cream, which I rolled into a rose.
Don't know if you can see it in the pics, but I weaved hemp around the open spaces, and also used hemp for hanging the banner and the heart.
I spelled "LOVE" (using stamps and a pearlescent ink pad) on the flags and added them with clothespins. I like using Brilliance ink pads on black paper...it gives you the chalkboard look with a little bit of shimmer.
I finished it up with two cut out butterflies and layered flowers with the rose.

Thank you for stopping by!
And don't forget to link your projects HERE!
Lilian

I'm linking it at:
1. WAW #167: Anything Goes
2. MMMC #8: Something New for the New Year (I've never made a shaped wall decoration with my Cricut...believe it or not!)
3. SSS Wed Have a Heart

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe