{Tue} Technique: Watercoloring with Acrylic Paints

Tuesday, February 06, 2024

 Hello, Kraftie Friends!

I've been painting some model horses lately...

I use metallic acrylic paints sometimes and here's what I do with the left over paint...

I just add a little bit of water, brush on watercolor paper and use them on mixed media cards. 

For this card, I brushed 2 colors on dry embossed white cardstock (I’m using a new embossing folder I bought not too long ago) and even colored a few embossed hearts (badly)...but if I had to do it again, I'd only emboss the panel after watercoloring...lol! You could barely see the hearts after getting the paper wet...so, I had to emboss a second time.

I adde some embellishments I made with punches, colored with alcohol-based markers and/or metallic pens. They have a coat or 2 of glossy medium.


Challenges:

1. BSC #7: Garnet & Amethyst + optional New Beginnings

2. Can You Handle the Pressure?: AGoes Embossing with a twist of Birthdays




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe