Club Scrap October Artist Team Challenge

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

Welcome to Club Scrap Artist Team October Challenge Blog Hop!!!
The Artist Team at Club Scrap has been challenge to create Holiday Gifts this month!
Can you believe it's almost November already??? =)

If you came from Debbie's Blog, you're in the right place!
Your next stop is Cheryl's Blog!
For the complete list of participants, go to Club Scrap's Blog!

Here are some gift ideas...

Altered Stocking Holder:


I moved end of the last month and I'm still unpacking...while separating Christmas decorations, I "found" this plain gold stocking holder. 
I used past Collections' papers - Moroccan Spice and Crewel & Unusual - tore and adhered them on the tree, using Mod Podge. I also applied Mod Podge on top to seal the paper.
Then, I added some embellishments from Moroccan Spice, like the medallion and sequins, to decorate my tree!

CD Holder - using Woven Strands Collection:


If you love taking pictures (like me), you could burn them into a CD and add a pretty package...here's the how-to:

1. Trim a printed paper to size 6.5" x 11". Using a scoring board, score it at 2.5" and 7.5". Rotate it 90 degrees and score it at 0.75" and 5.75". The CD will be in a 5" x 5" pocket:


2. Cut the 4 corners off, along the score lines. I also like to trim the flaps at an angle:


3. Use adhesive to assemble the CD Holder, but before you close the second flap...

4. Decorate the front of the CD Holder! I trimmed a printed paper to 4.5" x 4.5" and added a ribbon/bow. I chose Woven Strands Collection because of the greens! You could add some stamping or tags, and decorate it more, if desired! =)

Here's the back:


5. Put the CD in and close the flap!

Challenges:
1. Simon Says Mon Treat Bag/Box (it's kinda flat box, right?)

Hope you enjoyed your stay and don't forget to go to Cheryl's Blog next!


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The altered stocking holder, truly inspired!! And the little cd pouch is so clever, love both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything but especially the altered stocking holder. I think mine could use some updates, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very different and terrific ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative Lilian! That CD holder is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas, Lilian and all so beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed you had time or could even find your supplies for this month's challenge! Great job, and good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilian, your gifts are amazing!! love the stocking holder its beautiful!!! Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being able to find anything to craft with! Clever idea for the stocking holder. And the CD pocket is such a handy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stocking holder! Great details for the CD pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your CD holder makes an awesome gift box, Lilian! I am a huge fan of Celtic knots and that paper is wonderful. I like how you contrast it with the green. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love altering items and making them into something new. Great job. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe