Club Scrap August Artist Team Challenge: Pinterest

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

Welcome to Club Scrap August Artist Team Challenge Blog Hop!
If you came from Club Scrap's Blog (Karen's post), you're in the right place!
Your next stop will be Debbie's Blog!



This month, the Club Scrap's Artist Team Challenge was inspired by Pinterest’s newest feature, “Tried it”.
We had to visit the Club Scrap Pinterest account, choose a Pin with a technique or tutorial that inspired us, then make projects inspired by that Pin.

I chose this PIN (click HERE to see it)...unfortunately, the link is to the original post is not working...but I like how the designer created her mermaid!

And with the newest Collection - Lagoon - with the awesome papers and stamps...you can see why I was inspired by it! =)

The original is an Art Journal Calendar Page and it looks like you can hang it on the wall...I decided to make mine as a Scrapbook Page:


I chose the Dark Teal - Deluxe printed paper (with the pretty starfish) as my base, and I adhered the Deluxe White printed paper (with the seahorses) on.
Next, I adhered a photo mat, cut out some tails from Deluxe Sand printed paper and adhered them on the page.

"Nemo", the clownfish (Lagoon Art Nouveau unmounted stamps), was stamped, colored with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out. I adhered him on the page with foam squares (for dimension) and I also coated him with Dimensional Magic.

Mermaid: I stamped the tail (Lagoon Jumbo unmounted stamps), colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and cut it out. I drew the rest of the body on white cardstock, colored the skin and hair and cut it out.
I gave them some shine by using Glitter Brush Pens...hopefully you can see it in the photo below:


For her "hair", I stamped the aquatic plants (Lagoon Art Nouveau and Lagoon Jumbo unmounted stamps) on white cardstock, colored them and cut them out. 
Unfortunately, I didn't think of taking pics before I adhered them...but you can see above (at least a little bit) how I cut them out. I also used Glitter Brush Pen on them.

After I had all the pieces ready, I adhered her body first, tail and 2 of the "hair extensions".
Finally, I added some Lagoon Teal Jewel Stickers as "bubbles" for the seahorses and "Nemo".

They are quite shiny:


I hope you've enjoyed my project! And don't forget to go to Debbie's Blog next!!!


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Such a wonderful pinspired scrapbook page, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I ♥ what you did with her hair and nice sketch of her torso too! Super cute LO Lilian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair! Very creative. What a fun layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your page turned out. Very clever way you did the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O. M. G.! That hair is incredible Terrific page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the original inspiration piece...it was done by a past Artist Team member, Tiare. I love your interpretation. All the little details (seaweed hair, etc.) are so charming and just add to the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Lilian! Love all the details!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Lillian! I love how you did the hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe