Club Scrap November Artist Team Challenge: Holidays UMs

Tuesday, November 17, 2015


(I have 2 posts today...if you're looking for my ATSM DT project, please click HERE)

Hello, Crafty Friends!

The Artist Team at Club Scrap was challenged! The challenge is to use Holidays unmounted stamp set...you can find them HERE!
And don't forget to check out my team mates' blogs! Start at Club Scrap's Blog to see all the projects! Click HERE!

So, here's what I made...



I started by spraying Cherry Blossom Walnut Ink and Color Shine Chartreuse (Heidi Swapp) on white cardstocks.
Then, I laid Moroccan Filigree Masking Stencil on the pink papers and sprayed Color Shine Chartreuse on (paper on top).
The stencil will have excess ink on it, so I moved it to the green paper and pressed it down for an imprint of the stencil (paper on bottom)...


I ran the papers through my Cricut E2 to cut some banners:


I used Handmade Holiday stamp set and stamped several designs on white cardstock using Brilliance ink pads (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko). I also stamped on the banners. Then, I cut the images and adhered them on the banners using either foam tape or double-sided tape:


Finally, I adhered the banners on ribbon and finished up with the cookie in between the banners:


The second one is pretty much the same, except that I used I'll Be Gnome for Christmas Stamp/Stencil Set. I stamped the images and cut them out...to check placements...BUT...

TIP: DON'T cut them out until AFTER you color them using the stencil!!! It shifts less that way...


I colored the images using Brilliance ink pads and metallic markers and adhered them on the banners:



Challenges:
1. Word Art Wed #209: Anything Goes
2. A Snowflakes Promise #10


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Beautiful! I love the non-traditional holiday colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these turned out great! I love how the Moroccan Filigree mask looks in the background. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These turned out wonderfully! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty banner - love the colors you used!
    Very pretty!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute banner, this is great for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lillian your garland has such a vintage feel and I love that. So soft and warm for the holidays. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun alternate holiday colors! The filigree stencil works great with holiday stuff - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet banner! The unique shape and soft coloring gives it a neat, modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful banner! I love how you used the stencil to make the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute banner...love the spray mist stencil design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe