Club Scrap Cherry Blossoms Blog Hop & Linky Party

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

Welcome to Club Scrap's April Blog Hop & Linky Party!
This month, we're featuring the beautiful Cherry Blossoms Collection!

 photo 0417HopBadge_zpsdtfvpukz.jpg

If you came from Club Scrap's Blog (Karen's Post), you're in the right place!
Your next stop will be Kay's Blog!

First, I have a couple of cards, using Cherry Blossoms Digital Kit and paper from Cherry Blossoms Deluxe Kit:


I printed the patterned papers, sentiments and digi stamps.
I distressed the edges of the printed panel and printed sentiment, added some sequined embroidery thread on the right side of the panel and adhered them to card.
I cut out the flowers, colored them with alcohol-based markers and adhered them on card.
I was going to add Dimensional Magic on the flowers, and once I did on one, I thought it was smudging the image, so I stopped there.
I also adhered a Cherry Blossoms Fan Charm on the right bottom side.

For the inside of the card, I just trimmed a printed paper, adhered it and added the trimmed sentiment:


The second card is a variation on a Gate Fold Card with a belly band:


For the belly band, I used a printed border and a cut out flower.
Then, I cut out the prints I wanted to use and adhered them on the card:


I also decorated the inside...I used a brown gel pen to draw strings on the lanterns, trimmed a printed paper, adhered it and added the trimmed sentiment:


And last, but not the least, I made a scrapbook page...a simple one, since I don't like to cover the designs of pretty papers:


Challenges:

I used a Cherry Blossoms Embellishment Cutapart with distressed edges on the top and adhered some layered photo mats.
I added little details like Cherry Blossoms Embellishment Pack Flower Sequins and Cherry Blossoms Embellishment White Micro Brads in the flowers' centers:


I also added some Blossom Stickers on flowers' centers and other spots.
I like that red photo mat...it's kinda shiny! =)
Finally, I added some gold (CTMH) and foam (American Crafts) stickers.

Don't forget to go to Kay's Blog!


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Very pretty projects and I really like your use of the digital kit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I love how you decorated the inside of the card with the lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, and lovely layout! Love all the details on your card , inside and out!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you created with the digital printouts, Lilian. So many pretty details. Great job on the layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout and lovely hybrid cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome mix of projects using the digi kit, cards and layouts. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of cards and wonderful page idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards Lilian! The second one with the belly band is beautiful. Your lo is great too..you don't look 40!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Lillian! The scrapbook page is perfect-simple worked so well for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards and page are gorgeous. Love what you did with the digital kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get into using the digital kit more, thanks for inspiring me! Lovely cards and great idea on the fabulous page as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh the pop of yellow on the cherry blossoms really makes them stand out and I like that you share the "boo-boos" of your papercrafting! I don' think they look smudged at all! I absolutely love the overlapping of the images on the gatefold card, the belly band is perfect! GREAT LO! It seems we always make things for other people as crafters, glad you made something for yourself. Congrats on making the big 40!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin' your cards, Lilian! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS page, Lilian! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done! btw you look absolutely lovely for 40!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so pretty, love them all. The pink colors are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your page design.Thank you for blessing us with your artwork here at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture from Jeremiah 17:7 (KJV) which says, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is."

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe