The Card Concept #53: Floral Mother's Day Card

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

There's a new challenge at The Card Concept - {Bright & Fresh}!
And we have a new designer...Rahmat! Read more about her in the TCC Blog."

********************************************************* 

Here's the inspiration photo/color combo:


This week we have a colourful inspiration story! Of course, you do not have to use these exact colours but they are there if you want! We want you to inspired by any part of the photo!

Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

*************************************

Here's my mixed media card, inspired by the flowers and colors:



I kind of cheated...I used a pre-printed card, so a third of the work was done! =)
I added watercoloring and splatters (All-Purpose Ink/Imagine Crafts), plus more color using Copic and Distress Markers (Tim Holtz/Ranger) on the background. 
I stamped several flower images, leaf and the butterfly (Altenew) in black, then cut them out.
I watercolored the flowers, colored the centers with Distress Marker and added Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Gold. The flower on the left had additional coloring with Fabrico marker (Imagine Crafts). I also colored the leaves with Fabrico marker.
I colored the butterfly with Copic markers and added Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Gold.
Finally, I adhered the flowers and leaves. 
And I adhered the butterfly only on the body area, then the wings can be bent up a little.



Challenges:


2. Happy Little Stamper April Mixed Media Challenge: Wings






You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Gorgeous card Lilian, so bright and cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic card Lillian ! Loving your design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Lilian! I love the great color combination and all the pretty details too! Gorgeous!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color on your card Lilian
    and hey your card base is cool
    I read you used the one alredy finished ..why not
    I dont have thats why I made my background always self haha
    you can save the time and the result is great
    I wish I can join again this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all those beautiful elements against this fantastic background - thanks for sharing your creation at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors and it's always a plus when you can save time on a card and it work so well as this did. Lovely card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful ~ the colours are beautiful and I adore that background! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bold and gorgeous background Lillian, the flowers are so pretty, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilian, the end result is spectacular, soft color to contrast with the dark. Thank you so much for entering your truly creative and beautiful art in our challenge this fortnight at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty! I love the bold colors against the black and white background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo pretty, Lilian. Thanks for playing along at HLS Mixed Media Challenge. I hope you'll play along next month too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I especially love that background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe