{Tue} Technique: Stencils - Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge & Easel Cards

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

(I have 2 posts today...click HERE for my MHK Designs project)


Hello, crafty friends!!!

This is my first Challenge with The Club Scrap Artist Team!!! This month, the Challenge is to use STENCILS!
I have lots of easel cards to share! So, sit back and relax...

First, let me explain the technique I used for all cards:

1. I laid down stencils on watercolor paper and sprayed different colors of Walnut Ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts)


2. Spray some water on
3. Place another watercolor paper on top and rub it to get the impressions of the stencils. These are the impressions I used for my cards.


Now...on to the cards...let's start with this one:


Challenges:

I used Branches Masking Stencil. The panel is 5" x7". I used blue and green gel sticks (aka Gelatos for kids) and blended the colors with water+brush and fingers. I used VersaMark and heat embossed the edges in silver.
I stamped and cut out 6 images from Woven Strands Borders & Backgrounds UM Stamp Set. I colored them with Copic marker, glued 2 together to form the "flower" and I added the rhinestone to the center.
I stamped the sentiment (Woven Strands Collection Stamp Set), matted with 2 different cardstocks and highlighted "Happiness" with Copic marker. I also added 2 butterfly stickers.


Since it's an easel card, I also embellished the inside of the card with a strip of patterned paper matted on purple cardstock. I added 2 rhinestones inside the card to hold the panel in place.

The second card:


The panel is 4.25" x 5.5" and I used the Twin Tags Large Branch Masking Stencil. I heat embossed the edge in silver.
I stamped the image (Woven Strands Art Noveau Stamp Set), colored with Copic marker and fussy cut it. I fussy cut the stamped sentiment, adhered on the previous image and then, adhered on panel with foam dots. I added rhinestones on the panel.
I stamped and colored the border, then adhered it to the inside. I added 2 rhinestones inside the card to hold the panel in place.


The third card - this is a 5" x 5" Twisted Easel Card:


Challenge:

I used Twin Tags Wavy Lines Stencil. I heat embossed the edges in silver and I also added some color with Distress Ink (Ranger).
I stamped the image, colored with Copic markers and matted with 2 different cardstocks. I added some rhinestones and adhered the panel on card.
For the inside, I added a smaller piece of cardstock. I stamped an image, hand drew a frame with black pen and added rhinestones to hold the panel in place.


Now, you'll notice that this next one is not an easel card...but it's here to show that you can also use stencils to create CAS (Clean and Simple) cards, if it's more your style!
I used Twin Tags Fern Masking Stencil. I stamped, heat embossed the sentiment (Woven Strands Collection Stamp Set) in silver, fussy cut and adhered it with foam tape. I added a butterfly embellishment and some rhinestones.


Challenge:



Tips: 
1. I covered my work place with a big plastic bag because of the sprays. 
2. For the rhinestones, I used tweezers to manipulate them and Glossy Accents to adhere them on the cards.

Thank you for stopping by!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe