{Thu} Technique: Create Your Own Background

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hello, Kraftie Friends!!!

Do you like creating your own background?
Last week, I was playing with Yupo Paper + alcohol inks (click HERE to see the card)...and today, I have 2 more cards...

On the first one, besides Yupo Paper + alcohol inks, I also added some stamping:



I dropped some red, blue, white alcohol inks and blending solution on Yupo. Sometimes, I'll move the paper to spread the inks. After it dried, I die cut the panel, stamped some numbers (Club Scrap Delft Art Nouveau unmounted stamps) and let dry.
I stamped "Hello" (Club Scrap Delft Greeting unmounted stamps) on the card base and trimmed the Yupo panel to leave a gap for the "Hello" sentiment.
Then, I added some enamel dots.

Challenges:
1. Simon Says Wed: Bit O' Green
2. Word Art Wed #274-#275: AGoes


Second card:


After the Yupo paper dried (yellow, blue, red  and white alcohol inks + blending solution), I die cut a doily.
For my own background, I stamped "shoes" (Delft Greeting unmounted stamps) on light blue textured cardstock. Then, I stamped crackle texture (Delft Jumbo unmounted stamps).
I die cut a panel, added the doily, a white ribbon and stamped "celebrate" (Delft Greeting unmounted stamps).
Using 2 images from Delft Digital Kit, I fussy cut them and adhered them on with foam tape.
Finally, I added a wooden dot and doodled on it using the blue Gel Pen from Delft Gel Pen Set.

Challenges:
1. Club Scrap March Technique Challenge: Create Your Own Backgrounds
2. HLS March AGoes with Dies
3. Inspiration Destination #124: AGoes


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love your colourful die cut doily.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pretty doily..so colorful!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilian, your backgrounds are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. I like the dutch theme on it but very modern.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe