Club Scrap May Artist Team Challenge + Blog Hop: Metal or Faux Metal

Monday, May 30, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

Welcome to Club Scrap's May Artist Team Challenge + Blog Hop!

This month, the DT team was challenged to incorporate metal or faux metal elements to embellish their projects.

If you came from Deb's Blog, you're in the right place! 

Your next stop is back to Club Scrap's Blog - Karen's project!


An easy way for a faux metal embellishment is using metallic papers, like the Gunmetal paper that came with my Creative License Deluxe Kit.
I created a "Gear overlay" on Cricut Craft Room (CTMH Artiste cartridge) and cut it out with my Expression 2.


I love designer papers and I hate to cover the pretty designs...all I did was: add the overlay, photo mat, some ribbon (from Creative License Fibers), banners and stamped title (Creative License Jumbo Unmounted Stamps- adhered using a Xyron machine.
I drew some faux stitches on the banners and added a little bit of stamping (with Creative License Art Nouveau Unmounted Stamps).
That's my son B and his new BB8 bike. He also chose his fireman helmet and the dino protective gear! =) 


For my second project, I used metal elements and heat embossed die cuts, as faux metal embellishments...
I found these plain boxes at AC Moore for $1 and decided to decorate it and use it as a card box:



I trimmed papers to size and covered the sides and the top of the box:


Here are some of the stamped embellishments (Creative License Jumbo Unmounted Stamps and Creative License Art Nouveau Unmounted Stamps), Embellishment Cutapart and die cuts (Cricut) heat embossed in silver and a little bit of copper (I used my Xyron to make some embellishments into stickers...you can see some ready to go on the right):


Here's the embellished top, with ribbon (Creative License Fibers) and elements:



I used a silver ball chain and a car charm (that comes in the Creative License Deluxe Kit):


 And what is a card box without some cards:


I used a shimmer spray (ColorBox Pearl Rain) on kraft paper. I embossed the paper and heat embossed some in copper for a faux metal look. I used left over papers from another project (click HERE to see the Album) and added some stamped sentiments (Creative License Greeting Unmounted Stamps). 
See the shine on the photo below:



This is the end of the Blog Hop! 
Thanks so much for hopping with us this month! Hope you have enjoyed the projects! =)
If you would like to start the hop again, please go to: Club Scrap's Blog - to see Karen's project!



Here are some of the products I used:

 
 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Such a darling scrap page! And the box with cards is a great idea for gift giving.
    Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Love the cards and box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute page! Oh and that box rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations! Love the card box ~ would make a great gift idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation Lilian! That is the CUTEST picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilian, your layout is so sweet! Love the gears and fun papers you used around your adorable son :-) The box with cards is really a fabulous gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very much enjoyed all your projects. I know what you mean about covering up some paper designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on all three projects! My fave is the decorated box...love the dimension on the top. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the details! Awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the details. Wonderful projects and love the details/layering on your box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe