Decorate to Celebrate DT Challenge #93: Altered Chocolate Box

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Hello,

It's a new Anything Goes Challenge at Decorate to Celebrate!
Here's my project:

Challenges:
1. MMMC #9: Think Pink
2. SSS Mon: H is for...
3. WAW #169: Anything Goes
4. FCCB #244: Valentine's Day
5. H2H CTMH: Home is where the Heart is

I altered this chocolate box from Fannie May...but before I get to the how-to, a funny story...
The box was under my coffee table...when I grabbed it to start my project, the "supposedly empty" 
box was filled with these:


My funny boys...don't know which one did it, though! =)
Maybe my oldest son N...since I saw him playing with it the other day...

OK, to the how-to:
1.The box had these pretty swirls on top, so I just covered it with 2 different decorative tapes from my stash. They are not really washi tape, they're shinny, kinda like pretty packing tape.


2. I added 2 strips of patterned paper to cover the sides. The colors were a little bit off, so I added pink polka-dots washi tape on top of the strips. I also glued a pink decorative ribbon on the top edge.
3. I cut a floral wreath from Artfully Sent Cricut cart and adhered half of it on box.
4. I used a light pink ink pad to stamp Doily and fussy cut it.
5. I stamped Doodle circle and sentiment in bright pink ink, fussy cut it, and adhere on top of Doily with foam tape.
6. I adhered the stamped embellishment on box, and added paper flowers (Prima) and a rolled flower from Art Philosophy Cricut cart.
7. Finally, I mixed liquid glue (The Paper Studio) with glitter (holographic purple and white) and brushed them on the flowers and "branch" with a paintbrush.

Supplies (CTMH):
Artfully Sent and Art Philosophy Cricut cartridges
Doily stamp
Doodled Designs stamp set
Sentiment - Mini Valentine stamp
foam tape
pink polka-dot washi tape
White Daisy cardstock
Others:
decorative tape
patterned paper
ribbon
liquid glue
glitters
paintbrush
flowers (Prima)

Thanks for stopping by!
Lilian

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe