Seeing Double Card

Friday, November 29, 2013

This simple one layer card combines two challenges at H2H Challenge Blog: Seeing Double and Technique Time (Sponging).


I used the Card Chatter-Focus on a Friend stamp set (it will be retired soon, so grab it while you can!).

The other technique involved is heat emboss resist:
I stamped the big image in dark blue first, and the rest of the sentiment in Cotton Candy. Then, I stamped the big image two times (with VersaMark) and heat embossed in clear.

Now, here's the sponging part! I used a sponge dauber to sponge the turquoise pigment ink on the two embossed images. Don't know if you can see it, but I tried to do a ombre effect (darker on top and lighter at the bottom). And don't forget to wipe off the excess ink from the embossed images.
To finish it off, I added some baker's twine.

Update (12/03/13): I'm also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by!
Lilian




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe