{Thu} Technique: Bokeh - Club Scrap December Technique Challenge

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hello, Crafty Friends!!!

Club Scrap has a technique challenge this month - Bokeh...click HERE to see and link your project!

I used All-Purpose Ink (plus some water) in two colors for my smooshed background:


Here's the paper...


After it dried, I trimmed a panel to size. Using a Honeycomb stencil, Brilliance ink pad and Tim Holtz's round Blender Tool, I inked the paper.


Then, just with the blender, I inked the paper to get some "circles"...


Finally, I just added an image and sentiment from the Navigation Collection stamp set. I added a mat and adhere to the card:


Challenges:
3. Word Art Wed #214: Two Week Anything Goes
4. Simon Says Mon: Just a Pinch (just a pinch of All-Purpose Ink goes a long way!)



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. WOW your card is fabulous with the stenciled background! Sweet sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that background you have created here Lillian and it is set off beautifully with that simple sentiment panel! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lilian! I'm always SO delighted to see your wonderful cards linked to our challenges at Word Art Wednesday, and really can't thank you enough for playing along with us. It's a real treat, and I thank you. I want to also invite you to stop by and play along with us at CropStop - always Anything Goes and it would be such a treat to have you share your cards with us there as well. I hope you'll stop by to check it out.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen Letchworth

    Here's the link:
    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-11-anything-goes/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This background is so dreamy! I love the colors you chose and the way you smooshed them together is fabulous. Adding the stenciling on top of that gave it even more depth and dimension. It is stunning! And what a great sentiment! I love both the look of your card and the feeling it created as I read those words. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have done a great job with your background, love how you added the stencilling on top, TFS! Thank you for joining in at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat take on the Bokeh technique. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project...Love the color combo and the inking. So delighted you blessed us with your project during our two-week Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We started a new Challenge today and I hope you'll join us again. Leaving you with God's Word in 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 which says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:" Have an awesome New Year!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe