Club Scrap Dec Blog Hop: Navigation

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Hello and welcome to Club Scrap's December Blog Hop!

This month we're featuring: Navigation Collection!!!


If you came from Roni's Blog, you're in the right place!
Your next stop is Tricia's Blog!
If you would like to start from the beginning, go to Club Scrap's Blog.

I have a couple of projects to share...since December is a busy month, I tried to keep everything simple!
First, a scrapbook page:


I used products from the Navigation Deluxe Kit: patterned papers, fibers, embellishment cutapartsbronze frame and a wood arrow.
I still have to add my journaling, so that cutapart square is just perfect for that! And there's a "tucked in" tag...do you see it?


Tip: Plan where you'll apply your adhesive in order to create a "pocket" for a tag.


I used a strip of embellishment cutapart for the tag, and added the decorative fiber (I applied some adhesive on the back of the ends to prevent fraying).


For the bronze frame I fussy cut the design from the embellishment cutaparts, and coated it with Glossy Accents (make sure you adhere the circle first, let dry and then, apply the Glossy Accent). I added a decorative fiber and the title (Thickers/American Crafts).

My second project is a card...I used lots of embellishment cutaparts:


Trim a 4.25" x 12" strip of white cardstock. Score it at 1.5" and 7". Fold the card base.


Trim 2 border strips (4" in length) for the front and back of the small flap. Trim a more narrow border strip (4.25" in length) for the inside. Trim the bigger design and the sentiment square. Ink the edges of all pieces (I used Brilliance Lightning Black).




I finally added a bronze frame with fiber on the small flap of the card.
The card might not close completely flat (due to the fiber), but you can add a removable adhesive dot behind the square sentiment, if you don't want it "open".

Don't forget to go to Tricia's Blog and check out her wonderful project!!!
And I'll have 3 more Navigation cards to share tomorrow, so check back!!!



Challenges:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Beautiful scrapbook page and great pocket idea.Love your beautiful embellished cards.
    Happy New Year to you nd yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page and card! Thhanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and love the card. Happy New Year,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cleaver card. Excellent tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card with the charm hanging from it, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card and layout, Lilian! Thanks for all the tips. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your layout and card are lovely. Thanks for the "how to" and tips. Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and the card is fantastic, perfect artwork made with this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tips are clever! Thanks so much. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lillian! Great card and love the layout too. Proves you don't have to have nautical pictures to use this kit! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely LO - it's so pretty and your card is wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun read Lillian! I just love the little hidden tag. I have lots of crafty nieces who would think this is so much fun. Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the tucked away tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful sb page, love the hidden journaling tag...just perfect! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD this week, good luck! Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Denice - TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Creative design of the hidden journaling tag...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completamente hermoso! limpio y con mucho diseño...me encanta! gracias por participar con nosotras en RETARTE de Stampartpapel... feliz semana!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe