Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge: Holiday Gifts

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hello, Crafty Friends!!! 

Are you ready for Christmas? I must confess...I'm not quite ready, but I'm getting there! =)
I still have a couple last-minute gifts to wrap...and talking about last-minute gifts...that's what Club Scrap's December Artist Team Challenge is about!

There will be a post over at Club Scrap's Blog tomorrow with all the Artist's Blog links, so there will be lots of ideas if you still need to make something! And for more ideas...click HERE to see 10 Gifts Ideas Made with Paper!

My project was inspired by the first idea...Bottle Toppers. But I decided to make them into Monogrammed Door Hangers!


All of them are 4" x 9" with a scalloped opening (I used my ScanNCut for that, but you can also use a punch). The embellished panels are 3 5/8 x 5.5".

For "A" Door Hanger, I used a QuadPrint paper:


I stenciled "Botanicals Lite Branches" and "Nice to See You" using Memento Tuxedo Black and a round Tim Holtz's blender tool:



I added Moroccan Spice's Sequins and Brads, some sequined thread and a die cut "A" (green cardstock inked with purple pearlescent ink) - coated with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Glitter Gold and adhered with foam tape.

The second one was inspired by this POST. I decided to "frost the cookies" with either dimensional pearlescent fabric paint or Perfect Pearls (Ranger). The fabric paint worked better...my Perfect Pearls were too hard (probably because they were in the garage...and it was too cold).


So, I stamped and heat embossed the images (Homemade Holiday stamp set) in clear on kraft cardstock. I added the "frosting" and let dry. After they're dry, cut them out and adhere on panel decorated with ribbon (Woven Strands Fibers). Finish it off with a "B" (ScanNCut), outlined with black pen, and adhered with foam tape.



The third one is pretty similar to the second one. It also uses Quad Prints papers (my oldest son loves numbers!), the "frosted cookies" (Homemade Holiday stamp set), ribbon (Big Top Fibers) and monogram (outlined with black pen) and adhered with foam tape.



Last, but not the least...if you need something really easy...you can make card sets or just a card, with an enclosed gift card: 


I used a "ink smooshed" panel (All-Purpose Inks), some washi tapes (CTMH and The Paper Studio) and image/sentiment from "I'll be Gnome for Christmas" stamp set. I colored the gift box with alcohol-based markers and adhered on card with foam tape. Sentiment was stamped with Memento Luxe ink pad (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko).


Challenges (Door Hangers):
2. Word Art Wed #214: Two Week Anything Goes
3. Simon Says Wed: Dies Crazy
4. Curtain Call Inspiration Dec 15: Milk & Cookies



Challenges (card):
1. Inspiration Destination #64: Anything Goes
2. A Snowflakes Promise #12: Christmas/Winter Theme
3. The Mixed Media Card Challenge #18 {Celebration}




You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I LOVE the frosted cookie look! They almost look edible. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ornaments! Presents! Looks like a celebration to me. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your door hangers - so cute and those little cookies! What fun :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the way those cookies turned out! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such adorable little gifts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies are so realistic and yummy! Thanks for sharing the creative process! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frosted cookies and the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a totally fun and creative idea, looking so festive!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was sheer genius turning the wine bottle topper into door hangers. I must try this next year! So many fun details on each. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun ideas, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable projects, the gingerbread frosting looks goo enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Upcycling into a thing of beauty, well done! Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 214th FF AG challenge! Christmas Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely door hangers you have created and a pretty, bright and fun Xmas card too! glad you played along with us at MMCC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great door hanger. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas challenges

    Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe