{Tue} Technique: Dry Embossing on Patterned Paper

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

Club Scrap has a Technique Challenge & Linky Party every month...and October's technique is to use embossing folders (click HERE to check it and link your projects).
Pam, the host, has lots of great techniques to show you!

Here's my card, using an embossing folder on patterned paper, from my Literature Club Scrap Deluxe Kit:


I embossed the printed paper (Cuttlebug folder) and adhered 2 different ribbons on, before adhering it to the card base.
I trimmed a tag and stamped it in orange, using Literature Jumbo unmounted stamps.
I die cut leaves (Spellbinders), watercolored them with gel stick + water and adhered them on tag.
I stamped sentiment (Literature Greeting unmounted stamps), cut it out, distressed the edges and adhered it on leaves.
Finally, I added a bow (Literature Fibers) on tag.

And, of course, it's super hard to see in the photo, but here's a close-up...


Hum...still hard to see? You'll just have to believe me that I embossed that patterned paper! =)

Challenges:

2. Mixed Media Monthly #29: Mood Board (I was inspired by the leaves and colors)





You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and design. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D
    Challenge! Do hope we see you next challenge with your fabulous talent .xx
     Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I just love tags on cards! Fantastic creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation Lilian and I love that plaid ribbon! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘PLAID’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid card, Lilian! I love how you dry embossed on patterned paper! I'll definitely have to give that a try too! thanks for sharing your inspiring work with us over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog! Best of luck and hope to see you again real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe