{Tue} Technique: Club Scrap July Technique Challenge - Stamping through Stencils

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hello, Kraftie Friends!

I have been playing with some new stuff...like Gel Press (I bought a 6"x6" at a stamp show) and Ken Oliver's Color Burst Liquid Metals Heavy Metals! 
I used them to create this card, inspired by Club Scrap July Technique Challenge - stamping through stencils:


I used pearlescent paints on the Gel Press and Club Scrap Stencils (like Twin Tags Honeycomb) for the panel. 
I masked the panel with the same stencils to stamp the french script (Paris Flea Market), using Brilliance Pearlescent Purple ink pad.
I outlined the branches with different metallic markers, blended some colors (with the Round Mini Blender Tool) and watercolored with Ken Oliver's Color Burst Liquid Metals Heavy Metals Yellow Gold.

Finally, I added a mat, ribbon, coin and adhered the panel to the card base.

I'll have a video later (I didn't have time to edit it yet, 'cause my dh has been sick...), showing how I used the Gel Press...so check back!

**********************************

Here's another card, using Transformations papers and Leaf and Stone Stencil:


I stenciled the gingko leaves on printed paper, using VersaMagic ink pads and round mini blender tool.
Leaving the stencil on, stamp different stamp images (Crewel & Unusual Jumbo unmounted stamps) with Memento Coffee Bean.
I stamped sentiment (Creative License Greeting unmounted stamps) on the bottom panel.
Finally, I added ribbon and coin.

Challenges (Card #1):






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards!! I really love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really nailed this technique! I love that ginko leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool technique and a fun alternative to using stencil! Beautiful colors too...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft colors you used in the first card...but both cards are a great demonstration of the July Technique. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Lilian!
    Thanks for joining the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific pair of cards Lilian, terrific effects!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much interest and fabulous backgrounds on both of these.
    Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe