The Card Concept DT #42: Color Combo + Texture Tutorial for HOC

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Welcome, crafty friends!

Today, I have a card for The Card Concept and a Photo Tutorial for House of Cards!

First, my mixed media card for:


Cream, Burgundy, Pink & Espresso

Besides the color combo, I was inspired by the flowers...
I stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes (Wedding Day - Creative Vision Stamps) in clear (on cream cardstock). 
I sprayed water and Walnut Ink Cherry Blossom on my craft mat and "smooshed" my embossed panel on for a watercolor effect. 
After it dried, I added the ribbon, matted with a burgundy patterned paper on the card base and added the pearls.
I stamped sentiment (CTMH) on patterned paper, matted with cardstock and adhered on card.
For the flowers, I die cut several scallop circles (6-7 for each flower). Place the die cuts on top of each other and secure them with a small brad in the center. I sprayed some water, crumpled layer by layer towards the center and sprayed some Walnut Ink Cherry Blossom, too. After they dry, you can reshape them...then, adhere them on card, using Glossy Accents.

Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

*********************************************************************************

Now, my photo tutorial for the Texture and/or Color Combo Challenge at House of Cards...


1. Cut card base using CTMH Arfully Sent Cricut cartridge and adhere a colored patterned paper on the back. Add ribbon on the bottom.


3. (Not Pictured) Stamp Appaloosa Horse (Creative Vision Stamps) in London Fog ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts), cut it out and color the mane, tail and hooves with Copic markers.

 4. For added texture, use Glossy Accents on the horse image and let dry!


5. Adhere horse image on card with foam tape.



Thanks for stopping by!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe