Seashell Butterfly Card

Saturday, August 09, 2014

I saw the One Layer Challenge at Hero Arts a while ago, but almost forgot about it if I had not checked my e-mail a few days ago...so here's what I created...



I used an overlay cut from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge (CTMH) as a stencil and modeling paste, on the left side of the card. Then, I created my seashell "butterfly" with the masking technique and hand-drawn antennae.
I watercolored the hexagons by tapping ink pads on my mat, adding water and using a paintbrush.
Finally, I sprayed some gold ink and stamped the background text.

Supplies:
Antique Engravings and Summer Memories (Hero Arts)
Modeling Paste (Liquitex)
Artbooking Cricut cartridge (CTMH)
gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko)

I'm also entering this card in:
2. Mixed Media MC #3: Stencils with Modeling Paste
3. The Mixed Media Card Challenge #2: Summer
4. OLS Challenge #8: Shades of Summer (I picked Combo #5)
5. WAW #144: Anything Goes
6. SSS Wed Challenge: Make It Sparkle

Have a nice weekend!
Lilian

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day! =)

Subscribe